Re: Best way too install Debian Jessie on powerpc/powerpc64 ?

On 05/04/2019 07:11, aggaz wrote:
If you want to install Jessie, you can use the old installation CD.

Repositories from Debian Archive can be used to install / keep Jessie
and other old versions.

You can find isos here :
https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/8.11.0/powerpc/iso-cd/.

My sources.list looks like this (and I also included deb-multiimedia) :

deb http://archive.debian.org/debian/ jessie non-free contrib main
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian/ jessie non-free contrib main

#debian-multimedia
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ jessie main

I tried to add jessie-backports from the same location but apt returns :

E: Le fichier « Release » pour http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-backports/InRelease a expiré (plus valable depuis 44d 10h 25min 26s). Les mises à jour depuis ce dépôt ne s'effectueront pas.

which means an error because InRelease has expired since more than 44 days and updates won't proceed.

Bertrand