Re: sid installer images with LXDE desktop environment

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 07:15:14PM +0100, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
> The problem I am having is that very often when I want to install a sid LXDE
> environment on one of my Macs, the netinstaller stops the installation
> process as some package is missing from Debian-ports. For example, the last
> couple of this it stops at installing vim-tiny in sid powerpc.

You would probably be better off fixing the vim FTBFS in powerpc.

There are a number of FTBFS in powerpc that affect installing a desktop
environment (whether it be LXDE or not) and they need to be fixed first.

Once they are fixed then the standard install image should be capable
of installing LXDE (assuming that is indeed one of the standard desktop
options offered up by tasksel).

Cheers,
Michael.