Re: PPC64 Illegal Instruction

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 11:31:17AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 6/22/19 11:04 AM, Michael Cree wrote:
> > Adrian: would it be too much trouble to do the x265 fix and upload
> > to PPC64/unreleased?
>
> I'd rather have a proper fix in the Debian package such that we don't
> have to touch the package manually each time VLC gets updated in the
> archives.
>
> Could you attach the patch necessary to fix this issue?

It's x265 that needs fixing.

It's fixed in x265 in experimental but the fix was never uploaded
to unstable.

See https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/x265/commits/master
for the top two commits but one, one to disable altivec (which I am
not sure is necessary on ppc64, but is on powerpc) and one to
disable POWER8 when building on ppc64 (which is the real problem
for the ppc64 distribution).

Cheers,
Michael.