Re: Failed install attempt - GRUB issue - hfsprogs missing?

Hi Adrian,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
I understand that the installer situation for PowerMacs is a bit
frustrating at the moment, but we can't blame anyone but Apple who
implemented Open Firmware not 100% according to spec so that we
have to use workarounds.

A little bit confusing, yes... but no

Is there any "working" iso right now, without resorting to yaboot?
Unless you know how to fix GRUB manually, no. Use the Yaboot image.

can it be done inside the installer cd.. or e.g. by booting somehow the hard disk using the grub form the CD and then fixing it afterwards?

I just wonder how people tested GRUB, I was just eager to test on this setup too, since there is no critical data on the hard disk.

Riccardo