Re: Performing installer tests on PowerMac with USB sticks

Hi Adrian,
Sorry, I'm really late with my answer:

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:54:54PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hello!

I have dug out one of my iBook G4s now so I can perform installer tests
on the PowerMac target. While the machine has a built-in optical drive,
I would avoid having to burn CDs for every installation test run (even
when using CD-RWs), so I was wondering how well booting from USB sticks
works on these machines.

Does anyone have experience creating bootable USB media for PowerMacs
to install Debian?

 Yes: see this page:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2012/08/msg00042.html

 The previous instructions seem to work still reliably. For a later
install on Debian see this:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2017/12/msg00008.html

 Worked on, IIRC, Powerbooks from ~2002 and the another from ~2005.

You'll be using open firmware  ..

Good luck!
 -- Wolfgang