Re: Switching debian-installer CD images to GRUB

On 4/29/19 2:05 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> But first you should explore whether ppc64 is served by grub-mkrescue's
> way of HFS+. Vladimir must have had some architecture in mind, when he
> contributed that code to libisofs and asked for the xorrisofs options
> to control it.
>
> What happens if you install
>   https://packages.debian.org/sid/ppc64/grub-ieee1275-bin/filelist
> uninstall other GRUB targets and then make a minimal grub-mkrescue ISO:
>
>   mkdir minimal
>   touch minimal/empty-file.txt
>   grub-mkrescue -o output.iso minimal
>
> Does output.iso boot to a GRUB console prompt when offered on CD or
> hard-disk-like medium ?
I just tested this and yes, it does actually work on my iBook G4.

So, I think we currently have all the means to switch Debian powerpc
and Debian ppc64 over from Yaboot to GRUB, so let's work on that.

On the other hand, having HFS support in libisofs is still desirable
for OldWorld Macs and m68k Macs, so I will create a bounty source
for that.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz