Re: Error Installing from PowerPC CD (was Re: Updated installation images 2019-01-21)

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> The correct mirror is: http://ftp.ports.debian.org
>
> Directory is: debian-ports/
>
> Debian Ports uses different mirrors, you cannot use the standard
> mirrors that you are using when installing a normal Debian release.
>
> A lot of users are falling into this trap and there is a patch
> to address this issue, but I have not been given permission
> yet to merge the patch [1, 2]

Users probably fall into that trap due to incorrect mirrors listed on
the project website, https://www.ports.debian.org/

> My last information was that OldWorld Macs are currently not
> supported at all.

Where did you hear that? I've recently fixed some regressions and other
bugs on that hardware.