Re: ofpathname is bash only

Hi Milan,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:47 PM Milan Kupcevic <milan@debian.org> wrote:

> On 12/18/18 10:20 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > Turns out the patch will be more difficult than I thought. The shell
> > script ofpathname is written for bash. It bails out with error when
> > using dash. So I suspect this is a no-go for using ofpathname during
> > installation.
> >

> As ofpathname is typically needed at the end of OS installation process
> consider using 'in-target' to run it within the installed environment
> where bash can be readily available.

I see that you patched ofpath in the past. Could you give me some
reference materials on where you found out those convention ? It seems
that grub-ofpathname has always lived happily with:

$ /usr/sbin/grub-ofpathname /dev/sda2
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/disk@0:b

The patch is quite trivial to make to make it behave like
yaboot/ofpath, but I'd like to polish the patch before sending it
upstream. Is this something that is known to be different in between
IBM, sparc64 vs powerpc (powermac) in OpenFirmware implementation ?

Thanks