ofpathname is bash only

Adrian,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 9:42 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Mathieu!
>
> On 12/17/18 9:34 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > OK. I see some difference in between ofpath and ofpathname now. I've
> > reported it upstream:
> >
> > https://github.com/ibm-power-utilities/powerpc-utils/issues/30
> >
> > Let's see how upstream is interested, hopefully we'll be able to make
> > some progress there.
> Great, thanks a lot for tracking this down. If we can fix this issue so that
> GRUB's own ofpathname can be used, we don't need to rip out ofpath out of
> Yaboot in order to get a usable grub-installer for PPC Macs.

Turns out the patch will be more difficult than I thought. The shell
script ofpathname is written for bash. It bails out with error when
using dash. So I suspect this is a no-go for using ofpathname during
installation.

Would it be possible to make pmac-utils mandatory package, and steal
ofpath from yaboot onto pmac-utils package instead ?

-M