Re: ofpathname is bash only

(Stripping off some of the CC fields)

Hi Mathieu!

On 12/18/18 4:20 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Turns out the patch will be more difficult than I thought. The shell
> script ofpathname is written for bash. It bails out with error when
> using dash. So I suspect this is a no-go for using ofpathname during
> installation.

I'm not sure whether the Debian Policy explicitly forbids bash scripts
when it's not possible to use something compatible with standard
shell.

> Would it be possible to make pmac-utils mandatory package, and steal
> ofpath from yaboot onto pmac-utils package instead ?

Well, the problem for one is that I can't get pmac-utils to compile either
because the current version of sgml2man (from the linux-doc-tools package)
bails out over the SGML files shipped in the pmac-utils package.

And the other thing is that we would have to create a udeb package in
pmac-utils so that we have a package to be installed into debian-installer.

Lastly, pmac-utils would end up in the unreleased archive and due to
it's manual nature, I want to avoid the unreleased archive as much as
possible and rather have everything possible in unstable.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz