Re: apt-file

* John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> [2018-09-29 16:44 +0200]:

> Hello Elimar!
>
> On 9/29/18 12:56 PM, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > installed via latest debian-installer. All went fine :-) Well,
> > apt-file doesn't index the apt update as it is on i.e. amd64 arch.
> > (...)
> > Hence it doesn't find bin/mocp or bin/parted ...
>
> You need to elaborate a bit more. Which version of Debian did you
> install? powerpc or ppc64?
>
> parted is part of the parted package:
>
> root@kapitsa:~# dpkg -S bin/parted
> parted: /sbin/parted
> root@kapitsa:~#
>
> And "mocp" is part of the "moc" package.

Due to my sources.list I am running sid arch=powerpc. Anyway, can one
search files with apt-file like

$ apt-file search mocp
$ apt-file search parted
$ apt-file search vlc
$ apt-file search firefox
$ apt-file search ......

Response here is empty.

Elimar
--
  Never make anything simple and efficient when a way
  can be found to make it complex and wonderful ;-)