Re: grub-ieee1275 on powerbook G4

On 03/07/2018 04:25 PM, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
http://cynic.cc/blog/posts/running_grub2_on_powerpc_macs/

No. grub was working perfect for about 4 years now. From of prompt
choose linux and the grub screen popped up, though

Ok, that's an important piece of information that was missing.

Getting GRUB working on PPC Macs is not fully supported by Debian
yet. It's a work in progress still. It works on IBM PowerPC
machines though.

Various reports in the net recommend to purge grub completely and
reinstall. Did that supported by a install cd and chroot with no
effect. Did't found info's in Debian's BTS, though. Any one here
experienced similar effects? I tried 2.02+dfsg1-[1-3].

Did you also try to reinstall GRUB to the OpenFirmware partition?

Yes.

Ok.

I will look into fixing GRUB on PowerPC Macs at some point, but
I haven't had the time for that yet.

  Maybe I'll try 2.0.2-2 or earlier...

Thanks for your efforts.

This would be extremely useful. Thank you. You might have run into
a bug.

As a shot into the dark, can you try this patch?

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=d73badfd0aa6683212136e8d6ef439070176722b

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz