Re: Maturity of GRUB on powerpc/ppc64?

Just one sidenote,

please forgive me but i am no expert and did not read all your messages,

i have one computer with intel i7 2600 and one ssd in it
it had windows installed;
it was very difficult to install on the same harddrive debian (on a separate partition , of course) and get GRUB recognized at startup.
Probably because it is UEFI only with newer Firmware, i think.
Now i have Grub Menu with Dual-Boot Debian Wheezy (Grub) and Windows (UEFI Loader), but very often , randomly , it would not recognize GRUB Menu at Startup, and need to Shutdown, and Re-Start. Sometimes GRUB is only recognized after a few startups; Maybe i have messed up the Installation, i don't know, but it is on SSD + UEFI, and took me some time, and yet it is not stable.

With Yaboot, i did not have such problem when installing on HDD (not SSD) Macintosh OSX and later on the same drive Debian.
Also, after installation, the booting was rock-solid;
Only problem arose, when upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie when Wheezy was on a seprate disk, then it somehow messed up the Harddisk entries, and the Debian became unbootable, unless one would manually recreate the proper Harddisk links.

I hope that Yaboot can still be used in the future as it seems very good functioning after all.

Sorry again for my intrusion,

All the best (with Computing),

Richard