Re: ppc64 installer - make d-i/grub-installer work for NewWorld Power Macs

Am 02.11.17 um 12:34 schrieb Rick Thomas:

On Nov 1, 2017, at 3:50 AM, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:

@Rick:
I've also attached compressed versions of `grub-installer` and `debian/postinst` - the latter already renamed so it can be used as is in a Debian installation with Adrian's image from 2017-10-23 22:40h ([1]) after decompression.

Thanks, Frank!  I should be able to give it a thorough workout on Saturday or Sunday.

Let me know if there’s anything specific you’d like me to test — I’ll see if I can get a non-expert mode install to work and report on whether it asks for the HFS partition name.

Enjoy!
Rick

Hello ,

yesterday i tried a triple boot (osx , windows 7 , debian )on a newWorldMac (imac early 2009) with Intel CPU;

it worked quite well with Debian wheezy 64 bit , after installation i had to set "nomodeset" and afterwards install Nvidia-Driver (which is absent)

But when i would install Debian Jessie instead , afterwards, Grub would not boot .

Sorry for this intrusion, but it seems that the updates with Grub are not always consistent; it happened to me also on Powermac , if i would install newer Version like Sid, after installing Yaboot, it would no more find Osx.