Re: Worked with a Firewire drive, but now I'm hanging again

Hi Richard,

I've been running sid for some time now - on my iMac G5 (radeon), and it works fine.

Just had an issue at one time, but, as I also got a Debian stable on the same machine, after a couple of weeks in limbo, I just chroot and did an update/upgrade and it went ok again. Suppose the issue was solved meanwhile.

I had wheezy (mintppc) on my PowerBooktill now, and as I needed to start filling in a "simple" installation manual (we would like to write a kind of starter's manual http://wiki.powerprogress.org/DebianPowerPcStartersManual), so I installed sid on it...

About the reasons why to run sid... Simple.

- We're ( PowerProgressCommunity http://www.powerprogress.org ) trying to help the Debian powerpc community by testing Debian unstable.

- We would like to use it for our future PowerPC notebook http://www.powerpc-notebook.org - we're still working on it (hardware design with Acube http://acube-systems.biz/ ) - and we're looking for people to help us (volunteers / donations).

- We would like to help people install Debian powerpc on PowerPC Macs because they're still very able machines - and we would like to show Debian community we need Debian PowerPC to become a supported release again.

- We would like to learn more about the inners of Debian.

And I can give you more reasons.... (some would sound crazy - so I'll stop here).

Best Regards,
Fadi.