Re: Trying to compile Mac-on-Linux 0.9.72.1 [SOLVED]

On 2017-05-08 02:02, Joel Rees wrote:
On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 4:27 AM, Linux User #330250
<linuxuser330250@gmx.net> wrote:
The SVN version compiled with the KVM option. Testing it is another story,
but it compiled alright.
If that's successful, I think I want to know about it.

I thought I'd have time this weekend to try it, but apparently not. What I was able to find out so far is that I need to use the non-SMP kernel, otherwise there's no way to get KVM on powerpc. Thus, I compiled a new 4.11.0 kernel, this time with SMP disabledbut with KVM enabled. After a reboot I was able to modprobe kvmwithout errors. Sadly, the KVM-PR module is not available on powerpc.

However, it should work on a G4 according to this post:
https://techuman.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/powerpc-g4-virtualization-with-kvm/

And for the G5, here:
http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8449

That said, I willreport back once I have actually tried out mac-on-linux on this G4 Mac of mine. If it works, that would just be great. I also plan to try it on my G5 Mac, which should even work better, but I will need more time for this than for the G4, as I haven't even installed a working Linux on the G5. Graphics problems.

Stand-by, as this can time some time (until I find the time)...

Cheers,
Linux User #330250