Re: Problems installing Debian on Powerbooks

Here's a photo of the pertinent section: http://i.imgur.com/hHZyDfg.jpg

On Mar 7, 2017, at 11:53 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

From the installer menu, choose "Execute a shell". Then run the "bash" command to get a proper shell.

From there, navigate to /var/log and locate the syslog file. You should be able to upload that file using the scp command.

Adrian

On Mar 7, 2017, at 8:35 PM, Nicholas Dal Porto <macmaniac5@comcast.net> wrote:

How might I retrieve that?

Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 7, 2017, at 11:32 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Wait!

I don't think it's an HDD issue.

Can you try to provide the /var/log/syslog file from the installation process?

This will include the actual error messages.

Adrian