Problems installing Debian on Powerbooks

Hi guys,

I've spent the last few days attempting to install Debian on some old Powerbooks I have laying around. They're all invariably failing, and I have no clue why. Some hang on loading the partition formatter, others cannot get past "Install the base system" (debootstrap return value 1). I've tried at least 25 different ISO files. In case it's something I'm doing when I try to burn it, I'm borrowing a CD drive so I can test with another computer. Looking at the symptoms I'm leaning towards messed up CD burning but does anyone have any other ideas?