Re: A few questions about stretch ( testing ) on a PowerMac G5

On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 10:23:34AM +0100, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please look here: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3491&p=39268#p39268
>
> Debian Sid/experimental PowerPC works very well on my AmigaOne X1000
> PowerPC.
>
> Screenshot: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/115515624056477014971/6378370261128137954?icm=false&sqid=111202776093075745991&ssid=43ba337c-7da5-4f88-b957-310682146667
>
> Other PPC Linux screenshots:
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/115515624056477014971
>
> @Adrian
> I successfully upgraded Debian Sid PowerPCSPE 5 days ago. It works very
> well. Many thanks for your work! :-)
>
> Screenshot of Debian Sid PowerPCSPE: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/115515624056477014971/6381749791991061266?icm=false

I am confused.  PowerPC SPE would only be for the A1222 with the P1022
CPU.  The X1000 and X5000 would run plain powerpc (or maybe ppc64 for
the X5000 case).  Those two would not be able to run powerpc spe code
since they don't have the SPE version of the FPU.  Code without FPU use
may very well run though which could make it almost seem to work.

So which one did you install again?

--
Len Sorensen