Re: Debian 8.6 fails startup for Apple PPCs

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 06:01:29PM -0800, Kristen wrote:
> So it would appear everything is Radeon and  I think there is a big
> problem with ATI cards and this version of Debian. If I recall, but I
> have not searched the archives of this list.

If you think it's an ATI driver problem, try a newer kernel from
jessie-backports.

That said, it might be an X ATI driver problem (in which case you may as
well give scratch a hug).

Searching for your error (https://duckduckgo.com/?q="Oh+no!+Something+has+gone+wrong";)
gave this thread which may be of assistance:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/oh-no-something-has-gone-wrong-on-restart-4175510641/

But then the solution there was to ditch Gnome for KDE. From a quick scan
of the answers it appears that a gnome component was crashing.

Another quick possibility might be to give another login manager a go. I
ditched gdm3 for lightdm a while back as gdm3 was giving me weird issues.

Seeing as I remember getting your error message, that may have been the
solution to it for me (but this was ages back and memory is hazy).

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."