Debian 8.6 fails startup for Apple PPCs

List,

I am wondering if the Apple PowerPC line of computers are still
supported in Debian? I have tried to use a netinstall of Debian 8.6.0 on
a G3 iBook, a G4 MP, and a G5 iMac and all have failed in the same manner.

The install appears to progress wonderfully. However after the initial
reboot the system fails with a message reading "Oh no! Something has
gone wrong.". If I click the button to "Log out" I am given only a blank
black screen. The virtual terminals also fail to respond. I suppose I
can SSH in if I hunt for the IP address assigned via DHCP.

Any thoughts about this?

Kristen