Re: no password on G4

Le lundi 15 février 2016 18:10:25, vous avez écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > you are quite right, thank you.
> >
> > Finally I could reinstall Debian with debian-8.3.0-powerpc-CD-1.iso, great
> > !
> >
> > There remains a problem: the keyboard layout.  I tried "dpkg-reconfigure
> > console-data", each of the 5 options for
> >
> > mac / Unknown / French / Standard / ...
> >
> > It should certainly be MacBook, but neither MacBook nor the 4 other
> > options
> > (Alternate, Extended, New, Standard) changent the keyboard layout which
> > remains the same.
>
> Do you want to change the console keyboard or the X11 one ?
> On Jessie for the console one, I user "dpkg-reconfigure
> keyboard-configuration" and choose one of the mac keyboard proposed
> (there are many).
> On X11, use the dedicated configuration panel in your desktop of choice.
> You may have to tweak the configuration to exchange the "<" and the "@"
> keys with xmodmap though.
>
> > I live in France and the G4 has an Azerty keyboard..
>
> Me too.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Bertrand

Hi,

on my other computers, I have the same keyboard layout for X11 and tty, by
"dpkg-reconfigure console-setup". I do not need to configure 2 separate
layouts.

Finally I followed https://wiki.debian.org/MacBook
and changed manually /etc/defaults/keyboard:

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="fr"
XKBVARIANT="mac"
XKBOPTIONS="lv3:rwin_switch"

Now in XFCE4 everything works fine, in tty just the key "6" types "-", and "-"
types "=", quite curious.

I have no delete-key on my G4, I even can't find it by searching on the web.

bye

Klaus