Re: no password on G4

Le dimanche 14 février 2016, 20:47:41 Risto Suominen a écrit :
> The machine has a PowerPC processor, it cannot run Intel code. You
> would need a PowerPC CD image.
>
> Open Firmware understands a Mac style partition table and an HFS file
> system. Those are present on the PowerPC Install CD images (hybrid
> CDs, they contain an ISO9660 file system as well).
>
> Risto

Hi,

you are quite right, thank you.

Finally I could reinstall Debian with debian-8.3.0-powerpc-CD-1.iso, great !

There remains a problem: the keyboard layout.  I tried "dpkg-reconfigure
console-data", each of the 5 options for

mac / Unknown / French / Standard / ...

It should certainly be MacBook, but neither MacBook nor the 4 other options
(Alternate, Extended, New, Standard) changent the keyboard layout which
remains the same.

I live in France and the G4 has an Azerty keyboard..

Another question: how to reboot by key-combination, if there is no other
possibilty?

cheers

Klaus