Re: no password on G4

Le samedi 13 février 2016 15:59:11, vous avez écrit :
> On 02/13/2016 03:02 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > someone offered me a Mac G4 with Debian 7 installed. It works, but I have
> > no password, neither user nor root.
> >
> > The bootloader is yaboot.
> >
> > There is no CDROM on the machine.

Finally I found a CDROM. But I tried to boot on a Knoppix CD and to different
Debian CDs, without success.

I hold down "C" on booting and then I press again "c" to boot on CD. The
system tries, but it does not work, with none of the 3 CDs. It always comes
back to the prompt asking me to press "c" or "l".

The 2 Debian CDs are i386 netinstall CDs. Even if it's not the right CD, they
must not be completely ignored, ther should at least be an error message I
think.

Any explanation ?

Klaus