Re: Re: Debian 8 on Late 2005 G5, Graphics Issues

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 07:52:37AM +1100, Peter Saisanas wrote:
> Hi Clive,
>
> Glad you got your G5 up and running!
>
> Regarding my config, currently am running 4.5.0-rc2 kernel, xfce
> desktop and on Debian stretch (testing) repo's.
>
> As a side note, on the testing repo's, the only package that I
> personally have noticed that has broken and affected me recently is
> binutils, i.e. binutils versions currently >2.25-5 are not capable
> of building kernels correctly (the kernel modules within the initrd
> seem to not be built correctly).

I'm also affected by this. I think that the problem will be fixed by:

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1602.0/05322.html

Hopefully there will be soon an upload of fixed binutils to testing.
Otherwise I'll have to compile and install binutils myself.

    Gabriel