Re: Re: Re: Power Mac G5: Attempting to get 2D acceleration with nouveau and 6800 Ultra

Hi Logan,

Oh well, cant say we didn't try everything!

So from my recollection, currently the status of Apple OEM or FCODE flashed nVidia GPU's reported working with nouveau on PPC G5's:
AGP: GeForce 5200.
PCIe: GeForce 6600, GeForce 7800GT, GeForce 7800GTX, Quadro FX4500.

Obviously this is with 4kb page size kernels and MSI interrupts disabled for PCIe based nVidia GPU's on PPC G5's.

Reported currently not working with nouveau on PPC G5's:
AGP: Geforce 6800 (Ultra or Ultra DDL).

Hopefully if anyone has other updates (i.e. status of other AGP nVidia GPU's or other known workarounds), please keep us all posted.

Regards,
Peter