Re: Debian 8 on Late 2005 G5, Graphics Issues

Hi Peter et al

I've had G4s in the past and have recently acquired a Late G5 from Chris through this list. He'd installed Wheezy which worked fine but having re-familiarised myself with powerpc on the desktop, I decided to upgrade to Jessie and hit the graphics issue which Chris had warned me about (and there seem to be some sound issues too but first things first).

I'm going to have to sort this in my spare time but if I can help testing kernels etc., happy to.

In this context, reading back through the threads I see that Peter has rolled some 4.* kernels. Any suggestions as to which one I try first and any particular messages in the thread I should pay attention to?

Thanks

Clive