Re: glibc recompile - optimized for G5 cpu target

Hi again.

Once my Gentoo is up and running, I will have two almost independent
Linux boot options.

Also, I choose btrfs for my root file systems for the first time. I will
be playing with making snapshots shortly.
Obviously this all takes time. And the end of Christmas vacation time is
coming closer.

I am not an expert either and Debian is for me a "just use don't bother"
option that I wanted to have, as some kind of rescue system for the case
my Gentoo installation doesn't work any more. But it could be the other
way around as well.

Once everything is working, I will make snapshots.
Should I mess up my Debian, I can always boot into Gentoo, reset the
file system to the last working snapshot and try again… or give up :-(...

Anyway, this is probably the best option to try a self compiled glibc.

But first, I want the nouveau driver running…

Regards,
Andreas.