Re: maclhw ?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:49:17PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On 2016-06-21 11:54, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > Does anyone knows if any of the flavor: powerpc / ppc64 / ppc64el
> > supports 'maclhw' ?
>
> The maclhw family of instruction is specific to the PowerPC 405 CPU.
> I *think* you can run the powerpc flavour in such a CPU, but clearly not
> ppc64 or ppc64el.

It does appear to be Power ISA v2.03 compliant.  But then again so is
the e500 which can't run normal powerpc code but needs powerpcspe.

Doing a bit more searching however seems to indicate that it does NOT have
an FPU, so that means it can't run Debian powerpc.  Since it appears to
also lack the e500's SPE instructions, it can't run powerpcspe either.
So based on that, it would seem it can't run anything Debian offers.

--
Len Sorensen