 Subject: yaboot 1.3.17 broken
 To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
 Date: Friday, July 8, 2016, 8:37 PM

 I do not know if anyone else is
 having this issue but if you make any
 changes to yaboot.conf and try up date the bootloader with
 'ybin -v' and
 reboot, the system will not start. I needed reinstall Jessie
 set up my
 yaboot.conf the way I wanted it updated the bootloader and
 then upgrade
 to Stretch. I have the same issue in Gentoo, thankfully
 there I can just
 load the live cd and do my changes.

 I found that the current version of yaboot 1.3.17 is broken
 (at least in
 my experience). The only solution I have seen is to
 downgrade to 1.3.16. I have also heard that yaboot is no
 longer been maintained upstream as well. I researched and
 found that the website is down so I am thinking this is
 correct.

 I have not seen any reports on this in BTS so I wondering if
 this is even a
 universal problem. I am that someone can confirm if the is
 the case or
 not.

 Finally does any know if migrating to grub2 is a viable
 option for ppc
 and ppc64?

 Thanks
 Herminio