Re: Airport gone

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
the work around is easy enough! important is that it works at all.

I will now test with 4.6 how wifi survives latop sleep and play with the new firmware again.

Thanks all for now!

it survives badly. I don't know how kernel 4.5 worked, since I used it only very briefly, but a bit longer ago, I could close the laptop lid, reopen it and after a couple of seconds the network would work just fine.

Now, if I put it to sleep and reopen it, "ifconfig" tells me that the interface is there and that the IP is still assigned, but "iwconfig" says the card has no "wireless extensions".
So the card is there, but not a wireless anymore? help!

I attempted to modprobe airport again, no success.

A reboot fixed everything.

Riccardo