Re: old G5 iMac with NVIDIA card

On 09/06/16 01:03, Steven Grunza wrote:
What video driver do you use?

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Programmingkid <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jun 8, 2016, at 12:13 PM, Steven Grunza wrote:

> Does anyone know if the nouveau driver will work with an old G5 PowerPC and the GeForce FX G05200 it originally used?
>
> The last time I tried it had numerous problems (no graphics, kernel panics, etc).
>
> lsusb reports the video card as:
>
>  NVIDIA Corporation NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200]  (rev a1)
>

> Various versions of jessie failed in various ways.  Does Stretch have a different version of the nouveau driver?  Since the machine is PowerPC I can't use the NVIDIA driver.
>
> - Steven G.

I've a different GeForce (6600) but Debian stretch (testing) with 4.5.0-rc2-powerpc64 kernel (built by Peter Saisanas) works for me with stretch - Debian GNU/Linux 8.3.0 _Jessie_ - Official powerpc NETINST Binary-1 20160123-19:58

You may have tried this back in March (I sent the link for you back then) but here it is again:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pqd5Ots1vfT2puX09CYjEwcFk&usp=drive_web

--
Clive Menzies
Political Economist