Re: Debian on iMac G5

On 17/03/16 00:25, Steven Grunza wrote:
Should I expect Debian debian-8.3.0-powerpc-xfce-CD-1 to work on an Apple iMac G5?

I tried installing it and just have a blank screen.

Using Control-Option-F1 I have a text console on the built-in display that is displaying

[ looks like a timestamp ] nouveau E[ DRM] DDC responded, but no EDID for TV-1

I'm getting these about one every 10 seconds.

Is there a different video driver I can try?  If so, how to I enable it?

lspci reports a "VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200] (rev a1)

Hi Steven

I've a different GeForce (6600) but Debian stretch (testing) with 4.5.0-rc2-powerpc64 kernel works for me.

You can get the kernel built by Peter Saidanas here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pqd5Ots1vfT2puX09CYjEwcFk&usp=drive_web

Regards

Clive