Debian on iMac G5

Should I expect Debian debian-8.3.0-powerpc-xfce-CD-1 to work on an Apple iMac G5?

I tried installing it and just have a blank screen.

Using Control-Option-F1 I have a text console on the built-in display that is displaying

[ looks like a timestamp ] nouveau E[    DRM] DDC responded, but no EDID for TV-1

I'm getting these about one every 10 seconds.

Is there a different video driver I can try?  If so, how to I enable it?

lspci reports a "VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200]  (rev a1)

Steven G.

steven.grunza@gmail.com