radeon 9000 PowerMac G4

On a Powermac G4 when I use these parameters
radeon.agpmode=-1
radeon.modeset=1 radeon.agpmode=-1
radeon.modeset=1 video=offb:off radeon.agpmode=-1

KMS does not load fbdev does and my colors are all off. However if I do
this

radeon.modeset=1 video=offb:off video=radeonfb:off radeon.agpmode=-1

then I get the right colors but the screen freezes. I am betting it is
due to the really old card I have. I am planning replacing it with a
better one, but I was wonder has anyone found a work around. Thanks!