Re: Powermac g5 strange colors with gui

Sorry to interrupt…

I always thought that the 1.8 GHz Late 2004 model (PowerMac9,1) was the
only Power Mac G5 ever to use a SMU instead of a PMU. It is the one that
internally uses iMac technology (bus ration 3:1).

All other Power Mac G5 machines use a PMU. Including the last Late 2005
PCI-Express models (PowerMac11,2).

I did not find a specific site that confirms that, but you can check on
everymac.com for the specs of the G5s. The PowerPac9,1 internally is an
iMac G5 and they use SMUs.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Linux User #330250