Re: Re: Debian 8 on Late 2005 G5, Graphics Issues

Hi all,

I followed peter's guide and successfully installed debian8 with updated kernel and MATE desktop, however my hard drive soon became corrupted so I ma back to square one with a hunk of metal I am still trying to trun intop a functioning computer... worked well for a whie though...

jonny

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Ala de Dragón <aladedragon@gmail.com> wrote:
(...)

> Please let me know how you go.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Next weeckend will try this. Last time I touched yaboot I was unable
to boot. So I reinstaled and this moment I'm using debian 7 stacked
Xorg and Old NV driver.
I install squeeze, them upgrade to whezzy. I use this because is the
only way I get yaboot properly configured.

if I update the yaboot file adding a few lines, I get error telling me
that the " scasi-blahblah-part2 can't be found. In my system the hard
disk partitions are linked to "sata-blahblah-part2"
Any change of the file makes my system unbotable. I must be carefull.
So until the weeckend I can't be more precisse. Maybe along the weeck
I can spend sometime.

I will let us know how goes my experience.

Regards.

--
"El cielo es para los dragones
 lo que el agua es  para las ninfas"