stretch installer broken

I was planning on installing Stretch on my iBook G4. So I got my netinst cd and went through the install process. Everything was fine till I got to the section where I selected my mirrors. I chose the US/ftp.debian.org mirror and it failed so I tried the ftp.kernel.org and that failed as well. Then I tried the third on the list and I was able to connect and get my packages. The install completed, however when I rebooted the bootup froze. So I thought that it could my cd so I went and grabbed the latest stretch iso from the site.

Yet again I ran into issues. The biggest was that I kept getting sent back to install menu to manually select what steps I wanted to do. I found this odd since normally the install will just walk you through. Then I ran into the same issues with mirrors. finally the install completed and I was rebooted. However the boot failed again, but this I got dropped into the initramfs shell.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Should I file this as bug with the debain-installer package?

Herminio