Re: Potential Mono removal from 32-bit big endian PowerPC in next upload

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 08:58:22AM +0100, Jo Shields wrote:
> Okay. At this point, I've tried testing on a different box I was
> generously offered access to, and it works as well as you indicate -
> so my suspicion is there is Something Weird(tm) on partch.debian.org.

That's good, I think.

> I intend to upload the next upstream bugfix version of Mono early next
> week, with a katamari if your patches & the patches in my ppc32 branch
> - - I don't know if the buildd will lean closer to the "fine" or "on
> crack" side of things, but I don't intend to remove powerpc from the
> arch list with this upload.

Hopefully the buildd decides to behave.

> Would you be able to file GH pull requests with your fixes? They're
> good stuff (and in some cases generally useful for BE) so it'd help to
> get those merged upstream for all users

Assuming GH means github, then I have no idea how one would do that.
I only ever just pull things from github.

Certainly getting the fixes in would be great, but I don't much care
who puts them in.  I suspect the ppc64 would like to add those missing
instructions too.

I am still curious about the last test suite failures (the hanging one
and the other one I didn't look at yet, and the two that went away when
the value was made smaller).

--
Len Sorensen