Re: HELP: test kernel patches on the real thing

> >So, did you have sound? This message "Failed to register i2c
> >client keywest at 0x35 (-16)" is gone now...
>
> I forgot to check!  I was just happy the pretty dmesg output
> looked differnt.

:))))))

> Anyway, now that I do check, I have sound!  For the first time
> in two years I have a Jessie kernel that gives me noise, so
> thanks for all your work.  I hope this fix can apply to all Macs

Very welcome! Did you work a little more with this machine & kernel. Fan
etc still working correctly?

I will make sure the sound fix patch goes into Linux 4.1 and back to the
stable trees. So, it should end up in Debian from upstream. Can you
point people to this patch in #714345 and update the bug until it can be
closed?

> with this problem.  Let me know if you need any more
> testing.

Not with this machine, but one which uses the therm_windtunnel driver. I
just found https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=741663
which relates to that driver, hopefully the people discussing there are
still around...