Re: HELP: test kernel patches on the real thing

> Attached are the dmesg outputs, first for the patch below alone, and second for both patches.

So, did you have sound? This message "Failed to register i2c client
keywest at 0x35 (-16)" is gone now...

>  By the way, patch told me the patch below is malformed at line 21,
>  "static bool i2c_powermac_get_type(struct i2c_adapter *adap," so I
>  applied the five insertions and four deletions manually (and triple
>  checked).

Strange, I used git to create the patch which is very reliable at this.
Do you use a webmail client? Those usually do strange things to
linebreaks and whitespaces.

Thanks for testing!