Re: Help with the arm64 and ppc64el installation-guides needed

On Sat, 2015-05-02 at 11:15 +0200, Michael Felt wrote:
[...]

> BTW: I notice a slight difference in how 'login as root' works between
> wheezy and jessie. On both systems I have enabled 'root login' for my
> initial tests. With wheezy I cannot login as root on the console, but
> can login using ssh. On Jessie this is the reverse. I assume this is
> deliberate.
[...]

The ssh part: yes, and that's documented in the release notes:
<https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/powerpc/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#openssh>.

The console part: I don't think so; this is probably a bug in wheezy.
The last time I had that sort of problem, it was due to an omission from
the file /etc/securetty (list of devices that root may log in through).
But in wheezy that file does include hvc0.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Q.  Which is the greater problem in the world today, ignorance or apathy?