Re: wanted: old G5 hardware for use on the ppc64 port

We have G5 running with Ubuntu-12.04 in our office but not sure if anyone need it for development. In case no one is using we can sell it for you. I'm using T4240QDS and T4240RDB from Freescale and its very faster compared to G5. I have Debian & Ubuntu running on T4 boards if you need any help let us know.

Here is our product prototype link with T4 platform.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/synapse-design-launches-cloud-platform-1954738.htm

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/synapse-design-openstack-cloud-storage,1-2263.html

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@freevec.org> wrote:
On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:22:01 -0500
"Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> I guess no one is selling IBM pSeries servers used for cheap.
>
> Are any of the freescale eval boards reasonably priced?  After all any
> e5500 or e6500 core is PPC64 as well.  It seems a T1040 eval board is
> $1250 US for a 1.4GHz quad core e5500 (64 bit PPC).  I have no idea
> how that compares to a used G5 in price.

It should be quite faster, and the ppc notebook above will use an e6500,
but that will have to wait for a while. In the meantime, I would be fine
with a used iMac G5, I was almost going to get one minutes ago but I
was outbid on ebay and at the moment I can't affort to spend ~180-200€
to buy one (that's the usual price+shipping here on ebay). I have
plenty of peripherals to put in the system (RAM+disk) the only thing
missing is the actual G5 :)

Thanks for the reply

--
Konstantinos Margaritis