Configure power button to shutdown
- To: PowerPC List Debian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Configure power button to shutdown
- From: Mathieu Malaterre <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:34:10 +0100
- Message-id: <CA+7wUszF7TR9F2wVgCs6Bv2Mg=aWBM4nVv7m9uKQWayeU5O06w@mail.gmail.com>
I am using an old mac mini powerpc G4 for UPnP server (minidlna), no
mouse, no keyboard plugged in. What I would like is a simple way to
shutdown cleanly the box (if my laptop is around I can ssh + shutdown
On typical x86, there is an ACPI mecanism which can be tweaked easily
[*]. However this is much more complex on powerpc based box.
Does anyone knows:
- What is the event triggered when I press the power button ?
- How do I map this event to `pbbuttonsd` action ?