Re: Debian PPC test video problem with G5 Quad

On 30.07.14, 13:05 Rick Thomas wrote:
Hi Keith,

It’s definitely worth filing a bug.  (See reportbug(1) for details on the procedure.)  I guess, for lack of anything more precise, you should file it against package “installation-reports”.  It will (hopefully) be re-directed to a more appropriate package by the debian installer developers.

I’m really glad to see that there’s still some interest in the Debian PowerPC port!
There are a lot of people who have some interests in the Debian PowerPC port. ;-) On my AmigaOne X1000 PowerPC works Debian Sid very well.

Screenshots:

http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de/amiga/Mate-A1-X1000.jpg
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de/amiga/Debian64_A1-X1000.jpg
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de/amiga/SuSE_Linux_5_QEMU_A1-X1000-2.jpg
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de/amiga/SuSE_Linux_5_QEMU_A1-X1000.jpg
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de/amiga/QEMU_PR_KVM_A1-X1000.jpg

And it runs on Sam PowerPC boards.

Screenshot:

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/download/file.php?id=1272&mode=view

A-EON developes a new PowerPC board and Debian will run on it.

Links:

http://www.a-eon.com/18-10-2013-3.pdf
http://www.a-eon.com/18-10-2013-1.pdf
http://www.a-eon.com/News_Release_A1-X5000.pdf

The Debian PowerPC port has a great future!

Rgds,

Christian

Keep on testing!

Rick