Re: apt-cdrom-install not found (?)

Try installing Debian (stable aka Wheezy), and in the installer it will let
you chose the server "tasks" (meta packages) you want, be sure to chose web
server, print server, etc. for your goals...

The old macs' CD drives can only read disks that were burned at very slow
speeds, so, I know you said before the cd had integrity, but it it may go
beyond that, so when you burn your Debian cd or net-installer cd, make sure it
was created at 1-4x

gw
Debian user