Re: apt-cdrom-install not found (?)

Hi,

Athanasios Anastasiou wrote:

I am trying to install the Ubuntu server edition on an iMac G3 power pc (192MB of RAM, 400MHz CPU). All I need is a very basic text based linux system on that machine.
<bastard mode>Install debian</bastard mode>

I never used Ubuntu and I know hat hacks it does on the Debian Basis.

I installed Debian last week on my iBook and the install went just fine. It actually failed to make a bootable system because something went wrong with those "uid" disks (install UUID different from those the running kernel used). Once installed I changed yaboot configuration file and everything went smooth (to boot temporarily you can pass the root parameter to the kernel, should it happen to you).

Riccardo