Re: X11 displays fonts badly / crashes in iBook
Risto Suominen wrote:
I've applied similar patches with a recipe resembling the following:
- create a file with the patch: mach64.patch
- install dpkg-dev: apt-get install dpkg-dev
- get and extract the package source: apt-get source xf86-video-mach64
- cd into the directory
- apply the patch: patch -p1 -i ../mach64.patch
- compile and create the binary package: dpkg-buildpackage -nc -us -uc
- install the package: dpkg -i ../xf86-video-mach64_n.n.n_powerpc.deb
I might have forgotten something..
Thank you, this with some other help on internet and I built my own package.
The patch works! My X server doesn't crash anymore.
Can someone make
official in the debian package as a patch until the freedesktop.org
makes a new release? I don't know if it is PPC specific, I suppose not.
I now discover more video related problems, but they were there before
and after this patch, thus I'll start a new discussion