Re: Remote access to VSX and VMX128 capable machines?

Hi Konstantinos,

On 06/03/2014 12:59 PM, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
The problem is that I don't have any VMX128/VSX capable machine, so I
would like to kindly request anyone that has such systems running Linux
and connected online, if it would be possible to provide me with ssh
access to those machines

There's a ppc64el KVM guest available for developers (not strictly DD).

If little endian is not a problem for your needs (I see the recent
compilers have all the bits in for vector built ins and stuff), then
I hope that should suffice your needs.

See [1].

IIRC there are some options to accessing IBM Power7 partitions for free
for some time on the IBM website, but I haven't checked those, and not
sure it's possible to run Debian on them.

Hope this helps,

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/ppc64el#Development_machines

--
Mauricio Faria de Oliveira