Re: garbled text on console after halting X [was: Re: All Fonts White]

I have no idea what causes it, asided from X being halted.

I have no idea which package to file a bug against - but I've seen it happen with every kind of video configuration, including
the built in chaos-control-framebuffer on a 7600.  Is it an X problem? is it a framebuffer problem? is it a console problem?  a
font problem?

The only workaround I've found in the last decade is, restart X or never start it in the first place (because everything is fine
before X starts).

Peter Rooney